KARLI EDGING WILL PERFORM “LIVE” AT AN OUTDOOR CONCERT ON SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 7 P.M. AT THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE MITCHELL PROFESSIONAL BUILDING. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at Ace Hardware, Living Well Home Care, the Marathon Service Station, or by calling Gary Rayhill (812-797-0427) or Teresa Reynolds (812-849-6000). This event is a Mitchell Fireworks Fundraiser.
9TH ANNUAL GMCC GOLF TOURNAMENT 2014 —WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25
Stone Crest Golf Community — 9 a.m. Start
Lunch —Team Prizes
Thank you for your enthusiastic response for team reservations and sponsorships. The tournament is only four weeks away! A registration form is attached for your convenience.
Please contact the Chamber office if you have any questions or would like to make a team reservation. Call 812-849-4441 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
FARMER’S MARKET IN MITCHELL located at 7th and Mississippi Street in downtown Mitchell is open on Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Stop by and shop local!
MJHS is once again partnering with the WorkOne office to offer the Reality store experience to 8th graders. Please contact Laura Walton, MJHS Counselor, if you are willing to assist: 812-849-3747. Volunteers are needed to man the booths in order for students to experience the “reality” of life. Hours are from noon to 3 p.m. Lunch is provided to volunteers from 11:30 a.m. to noon. This is a great opportunity for students to select a career and a budget based on their chosen career. Students are assigned a family situation and must take care of monthly necessities such as housing, transportation, groceries, chick care, etc., within the budget.
TUESDAY, JUNE 3 FROM 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. (Lunch provided).
Plan to join them at Carpenter Banquet Hall, 1500 West Main Street in Mitchell for free ADA training, and a presentation by Doug Goeppner, MSW, LSW ICC Certified Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner: “What’s Wrong with This Picture? A Photographic Journey Through an Inaccessible World!” and “You Can Ask Your BFF Anything; but NOT During a Job Interview!” Please RSVP by May 30 by phone: 812-277-9626 or e-mail: email@example.com
Stone Crest Golf Community — 9 a.m. Start
Lunch — Ticket Drawings — Team Prizes
Call 812-849-4441 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceeds go for Mitchell July 4th Fireworks! For information call Mike (797-0768)
$25 packet includes every game / $10 each additional packet
$200 per game payout
$1,000 coverall called until hit
(payouts based on 300 players)
Quickie deals at break
Concessions will be available by the American Legion Auxiliary (license #134262)
- Lawrence County College Success Coalition is hosting a College Spirit 5K Run/Walk in June to benefit college and career related programs with the students in Lawrence County. Please contact Sarah Richardson, Coalition Co-Chair at 812-849-4447 ext. 371 or e-mail email@example.com, for more information on how you can support this worthwhile project.
- Area 15 Agency on Aging announces the annual Senior Citizens Health & Information Fun Fair, Tuesday, June 3 at Salem High School. This fair usually attracts over 150 senior citizens from throughout the agency’s counties (Lawrence, Orange, Crawford and Washington). Your business or organization’s donation of coupons, certificates or promotional items to be used as door prizes, will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, or have a donation, please call to let them know. Contact Trudy or Barbara at 812-849-4457 or 800-333-2451. All contributions are tax deductible.
- Area 15 Agency on Aging announces the 28th Annual Senior Games, September 8 (golf), September 9 (bowling), September 10-11 (regular games); closing ceremony September 11. A special day of games for friends in nursing homes and group homes is planned for September 16. Sponsorships: $500 includes your logo on the T-shirts and all printed materials; $50 golf hole sponsorship includes signage at the hole; or any amount sponsorship donations will be appreciated to continue providing these special events for the senior citizens. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. For more information, please call Trudy Wells at 812-849-4457 or 800-333-2451.
GREATER MITCHELL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ANNUAL DINNER MEETING — THURSDAY, APRIL 10, 2014 — SPRING MILL INN
Reservation Deadline: Friday, April 4
Lakeview Room— Social: 6 p.m.— Welcome and Dinner: 6:30 p.m.
Plan to enjoy a delicious buffet dinner and informational evening:
- Lieutenant Governor Sue Ellspermann, guest speaker
- Community updates presented by Mitchell Mayor Gary Pruett and Mitchell School Superintendent, Dr. Steve Phillips
- Festival recognition and announcements
- Presentation of Annual Community Award Recipients: Volunteer, Business, and Citizen of the Year
Please contact us to make your reservation and purchase tickets by Friday, April 4!
Phone 812-849-4441; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; mail: GMCC, P.O. Box 216, Mitchell, IN 47446. Tickets are $25 each, payable by cash or check.
LAWRENCE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 2014 OPEN GRANT CYCLE
$35,000 will be available for charitable programs and projects that serve LawrenceCounty. Additional funding is available for programs serving senior citizens. Grant application packets are available at the LCCF office, 1324 K Street, Suite 150, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Applications are also available online at www.cfpartner.org/lccfgrantshowtoapply.htm. Non-profit organizations recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status, educational institutions, and government entities are eligible to apply. Applications must be completed and returned to LCCF by 4 p.m., Monday, April 28, 2014 to be considered for funding.